This central Security role of the Operational Security Specialist is to offer guidance and execute operational security services, enhancing the efficacy of security initiatives. This encompasses technical delivery, focusing on Infrastructure and SEEMail Service. The specialist ensures the application of operational ICT security aligns with security capabilities, supports business goals, and ensures the secure and efficient delivery of business outcomes.
Security Capability and Maturity Uplift
- Acquire a profound understanding of security capability outcomes, encompassing business drivers, strategies, outcomes, and strategic partner relationships.
- Contribute to branch planning, business case development, and the formulation of strategies and roadmaps for security capabilities, aiming to enhance the delivery of operational services.
- Provide strategic advice to stakeholders and suppliers on matters related to operational security capabilities.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to facilitate the operational security management of security services and collaborate with technical advisory working groups.
- Manage and oversee the delivery of effective operational security outcomes, providing advice across technical security capabilities.
- Appropriately report and manage security risks associated with security capabilities.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Track ICT Shared Capability supplier risk remediation progress, ensuring stakeholders are informed of their risk profiles and risks are effectively addressed through planning.
- Stay abreast of emerging security and threat environments across security capabilities and provide strategic advice to senior stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of effective Security and Risk guidelines aligned with operational security capabilities and outcomes.
- Actively contribute to security outcomes, planning, and the improvement of operational security capabilities.
- Provide leadership across operational security capabilities, ensuring continual improvement in practices and methodologies.
- Provide advice to Technical Teams on appropriate security requirements for new and updated ICT Shared Capabilities, contributing to the achievement of the best commercial and digital outcomes.
Stakeholder & Relationship Management:
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with key stakeholders within, Agencies, and ICT Partners to support the achievement of security outcomes.
- Proactively promote an agile and responsive culture within the practice, positioning the team as trusted advisors within suppliers.
Key attribute we are looking for:
- Breadth of knowledge across security assurance and risk disciplines supporting business outcomes.
- High level of initiative with ability to work on and deliver multiple outcomes simultaneously within specified timeframes.
- Experience in implementing and managing security reporting and advising on security improvement.
- Security clearance at Top Secret level is required.
- Ability to influence others, gain buy-in and negotiate implementation and delivery outcomes.
- Experience with Information Security domains - This experience should include both advisory and implementation including industry standards.
- Demonstrable technical security testing expertise across various technology layers.
- Proven track record of building strong partnerships with internal teams, technology teams, vendors, and peers.
- Relevant tertiary qualification and or business experience with Technology/Information Security.
If you would like to have a confidential phonecall regarding this role then please call Alex on 04 974 4305 OR Apply now!