Cloud Business Analyst
Come and be part of the continual growth this company is currently making. They have strong aspirations throughout NZ and have several offices working on significant pieces of work across the country. They have a team of incredibly talented professionals on the ground in Auckland, Wellington, Hamilton, Tauranga and Christchurch and are looking to expand further.
Any job can become a bit mundane. We speak to people every day who want more variety, chances to progress with their current employer and most of all feel valued for the work they produce. So, inquire further about a company who provides all the above and more...They are already established across NZ and working with multiple government and commercial clients with a widespread focus on IT innovation and Digital Transformation.
Purpose of the Position:
The role of the Cloud Business Analyst is to work with internal teams to increase the maturity of the organisation’s Cloud computing adoption by devising improvement plans using Cloud Maturity Models and other techniques to assess the organisation’s as-is and to-be states.
The Cloud Business Analyst is expected to use a variety of analysis techniques, including process modelling, human-centred design and maturity modelling.
The Cloud Business Analyst should be an expert in workshop facilitation, working with a wide variety of clients, across a large number of business domains.
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst / Business Process Modeller
- Experience in the use of maturity models to drive organizational and cross-domain change
- Experience with Cloud Adoption projects
- Experience in Risk Management assessments using proven methodologies
- Experience in developing organisation Policies – especially those related to Cloud
- Excellence at workshop facilitation
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience working in the Public Sector would be an advantage
- Familiarity with Public cloud offerings
- Strong focus on the client
- Strong relationship management skills - ability to interact with all levels of an organization and external clients in a professional, diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate and work directly with clients to identify and resolve technical challenges.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to influence others to accept ideas, adapts style to meet the needs of the audience.
- Excellent negotiation skills – understands the needs of both parties, clarifies desired outcomes, facilitates discussions towards agreement, seeks win-win results where practical
- Strong problem resolution and decision-making skills - able to clearly identify problems, seek alternative solutions, identify risks and benefits, seek input from others and make sound decisions based these considerations.
- Achievement focused - ability to organise, prioritise and execute well defined activities in a dynamic Agile team environment to deliver high quality work and services within the agreed time frame.
- Works well under general supervision but has wide latitude for use of initiative and independent judgement in areas of responsibility. Effective working in a collaborative, Agile environment, and effective when working independently
- Flexible, adaptable and pragmatic
- Always exercises sound judgement and political sensitivity