|Job title:||Finance Assistant|
|Industry:||Not for Profit & Charities|
We're on the lookout!
We are currently looking for a Finance Assistant for a permanent position in Wellington City! It is a fast paced and enjoyable role with a well renowned and highly recognisable business who have a very strong public and cultural presence across the country.
The role offers 30 hours per week and will have you reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. You will primarily be responsible for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, ensuring accurate and timely management of payments. Also performing other agreed accounting services to ensure the smooth running of the Finance function.
General duties will include:
- Preparation and processing of invoices
- Managing payments, cash reimbursements, and reconciliations
- Payroll backup and support
- Following up on overdue debtors
- Assisting the general finance team and the wider teams as required
A bit about you
We are looking for someone who is immediately available, based in Wellington and displays at least 3 years of Accounts Payable and Receivable experience within a fast-paced environment. Experience with accounting software, such as Xero, is a must!
You have a fun loving and easy going personality with a can-do attitude to match. The ability to work in a team is key, as you will be working with others to ensure accuracy and that deadlines are met
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- 3 years + experience in a similar role.
- Immaculate numeracy skills and high attention to detail.
- Ability to learn new systems swiftly
- Intermediate – advanced MS Excel experience
- Knowledge of Xero would be beneficial
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Based in the heart of the CBD you will be close to public transport and many of the great cafes and restaurants located in the area! This highly reputable and Non-profit company is an exciting environment to work in with a team of like-minded individuals all working towards the same goals and achievements.
If this sounds like the place for you and you strongly believe that you have the relevant skills required, please do not hesitate to get in touch by sending through an up-to-date CV and cover letter just by clicking the “apply now” button. Thank you!