Why would you like it:
- 6 month hourly rate contract
- $140 per hour +
- Critical projects
A government organisation with a pivotal role to play with keeping Kiwis safe throughout the New Zealand.
To Be successful, you have:
- Experienced Senior Information Security Advisor to provide expert risk and security advice to a range of stakeholders, to ensure that Ministry and client information is kept safe and managed appropriately.
- Experience in a combination of business analysis, risk management, information security and IT roles
- Provide authoritative security advice that supports good business decision making
- Review and provide advice to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) on the assessment of risk, the application of controls and the determination of any residual risk.
- A good understanding of IT frameworks, policies and standards and knowledge and understanding of relevant government, legal and regulatory requirements
- Ability to provide risk guidance for IT and business projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of information security / technical controls
- Excellent analytical skills, able to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, work well in a demanding dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Experience in working with agile methodologies and teams.
- Highly desired security qualifications such as CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
Communication with Stakeholders
- Provide excellent business engagement for our customers
- Excellent stakeholder management skills that can operate at all levels.
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence project/design decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- You will work across the Ministry with IT, IT security, privacy and business teams to collaborate and provide guidance and advice that ensures the required information processes are followed for certification and accreditation to occur.
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision
What next?If this advert takes your interest and you strongly believe that you have the relevant experience required, please apply now!Feel free to call Jack Carter 04 910 3885 in Wellington for a confidential chat. You will have rights to work in New Zealand. At Parker Bridge, we make every effort to respond to all applications, however sometimes the volume we receive is so large it is not possible. If you do not receive a response from us, please don't take it personally as we really value the effort you made to apply.