What’s in it for you?
This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Systems Analyst to join a team of dedicated professionals who are supporting a major system upgrade project within a highly regarded and prestigious New Zealand Government agency.
The organisation has a friendly and collaborative office culture that encourages a strong team ethic. Their office is based near the train station. It is close to amenities, cafes and restaurants. Ideal for coffee meetings and after work catch ups.
The role runs for approximately 18 months, offers full time sociable working hours and has the scope to evolve over time into another prospective opportunity within the business as the project progresses.
What you would be doing
You will report into the Manager of Finance and provide in depth support and analysis for their core capabilities as they go through a huge legacy system transition. You will work alongside a close-knit team who strive for high performance and celebrate success.
It has a split of both accounting core functions and FMIS system administration requirements, you will support the ERP consultant and upgrade team during this on-going project.
This job is ideal for anyone who has a background in accounting, understands corporate finance environments and has a handle on systems administration and wants to expand on that skill set with the support of an engaged and collaborative team behind them.
You will be expected to do the following:
- Analyse, collate and manipulate data for insights across the business unit
- Assess and document financial and non-financial data to support decision making processes during project life cycle
- Support systems development through data enhancement and insights
- Provide on-going support to the ERP consultant throughout the FMIS upgrade
- Assist with FMIS implementation, testing processes and data extraction / migration
- Provide daily support to system users with adhoc tasks as and when required
- Collaborate with the wider business, leadership team and external stakeholders on an ongoing basis
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who has at least 3 years of accounting experience within a public sector environment who wants to take a step into the world of systems administration / analysis, with a view of getting into systems accounting in the future.
This role is the ideal gateway into the realm of systems analytics, so if you have previously touched on minor ERP system maintenance or been involved in FMIS upgrades and thoroughly enjoyed it and want to expand on it – this is your chance!
Ideally you should have the following:
- Strong MS Excel capabilities
- Evident experience in complex data analysis
- The ability to convert raw data into insights for the wider business
- Being able to navigate financial / costing models would be highly beneficial
- A comprehension of the core accounting functions within a business
- Exposure to a selection of different ERP / FMIS systems would be great
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
If this sounds appealing, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply now and find your next Analyst role, click the link provided. Parker Bridge look forward to receiving your updated CV. Thank you.