A large scale and well known business with deep roots within the infrastructure and transport industry, stretching the length of New Zealand.
Reporting to the Capital & Commercial Finance Manager, you will lead and deliver the financial reporting function and work closely with the Finance Team and CFO Group to ensure the provision of accurate, timely and cost-effective commercial decision support.
You will business partner with the project managers, project administration, the various business unit support teams and the financial control teams to capture, classify and process all the project transactions into accurate, timely and relevant financial information.
What you will do:
- Provide specialist financial advice and management across the strategic capital programmes
- Identify and implement best practice financial management for large government funded capital programmes
- Ensure funding is used prudently, accounted for accurately, is reported accurately and on a timely basis
- Undertake regular review of financial and operational performance with programme directors
- Manage the development of financial models, pricing methodology and business processes for allocation of costs to the projects
- Provide specialist commercial and business performance advice
- Manage programmes through the budget and forecasting processes, communicating requirements, challenging and testing assumptions, and supporting programmes to deliver robust and prudent budgets/forecasts
- Provide business partnering support, performance reporting and financial decision-making advice
- Develop strong and connected relationships with key business leaders, and other stakeholders, ensuring customer, operational and delivery requirements are met
- Experience and knowledge of working on large capital programmes
- 10+ years’ experience in commercial/financial management and financial analysis
- Extensive strategic planning, financial and operational management experience
- Tertiary qualification, bachelor’s degree in business/commerce
- CA qualified or equivalent
In return the Company offers:
- Highly competitive salary
- Opportunity to work within a supportive team
- Hybrid working model
- Career development
- Be a part of a successful venture