Business Analysis | Data | BI
A professional 100% New Zealand owned & driven business who believes in solving real business problems, making data meaningful and utilising the latest and upcoming tools to make it possible. Their aim is to ensure internal stakeholders are accessing the right technology and strategic advice to unlock the true value of data.
- This role is responsible to liaison between the business, vendor & the technology team.
- They should be able to translate business requirements into technical language. A BA for DWH should understand the unique needs of a data warehousing project. You will ask different questions when determining DWH requirements than for a transactional system.
- The basic role of a BA is not significantly different from other IT projects but, it is a different base of knowledge that is required. However, a strong understanding of the business is always required. A DWH BA should know the data well.
- After the implementation of a DWH, there is always a need for a BA type person. For instance, often the modeler may be serving as the BA as well as the technical person. It is necessary to have a deeper technical focus. In that case, it is critical that there is another layer there, the liaison. Data related questions that come from a user often have nothing technical about them. If a BA knows the reporting and data side of things, they can answer the questions on most occasions without having to pull in the technical team. Only until the BA determines that a technical problem exists will the Data Architect or ETL analyst need to get involved.
- You should be well-versed in data analysis and query methods. You should be familiar with reporting tools. You should have a high-level understanding of dimensional modelling and terms. You should be very familiar with what requirements are necessary for a modeler to design and build ETL on. You should be good at translating user requirements into usable functional specs.
- A good BA Analyst is in touch with the business. They should understand the technical aspect of data warehousing even if they do not possess the skills to execute on it themselves.
- Understand source data collection and table structures to ensure reporting data needs can be meet.
- Collect and translate business reporting needs into functional data specifications.
- Understand how fact and dimension tables are constructed to meet reporting needs.
- Be able to work with and update ontology data maps.
- Prioritise reporting workbooks thought business decisions.
- Approve and sign off on data quality and compliance.
- Help the business realise insights thought data mining and exploration.
Apply now! or get in touch to find out more! Call Mike Nimje for a confidential chat on 0223645005
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NZ Work Visa or NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. If you're looking to join a top-class organisation with great progression opportunities, send me through your CV as soon as you can.