What’s in it for you?
This is a brilliant opportunity for a Financial Accounting Team Leader to join one of New Zealand's most diverse Government agencies. This role offers a 18 month fixed term employment agreement, an excellent salary package and a highly qualified team to guide and a technical and unique environment to operate in.
The organisation has a high performing culture that encourages a strong team ethic. Their office is based in the city and close to the train station, amenities, cafes and restaurants. Ideal for meetings and after work catch ups.
What you would be doing
The Financial Accounting Team Leader reports into the Financial Controller and guides a team of sharp senior accounting professionals. The roles’ objective is to provide guidance, advice, in-depth expertise and analysis that will result in strategic outcomes for a variety of different projects / programmes that take place within the agency.
You will be expected to do the following:
- Guide and coach the existing team in place
- Manage, maintain and evaluate complex budgets
- Review financial reporting of the team and conduct technical Forecasting exercises
- Provide in depth, complex tax advisory for the business
- treasury reporting via CFIS
- Oversee compliance queries
- Manage their component of the external audit process successfully
- Provide solutions to complex situations within the agency
Who are we looking for?
I’m on the lookout for anyone who has demonstrated experience in successfully managing a team of senior financial professionals such as Financial Accountants or Management Accountants within either a large public sector or corporate environment. You must be able to adapt to environmental change and help guide the existing team through this process.
You will be an expert in the core functionalities of accountancy and be that highly desirable link between the finance team and other business units.
If you are open to starting a new and exciting opportunity within a reputable public sector organisation, then please read on!
To be successful you must have the following:
- CA certification
- Over 5 years’ experience of demonstrated technical accounting experience
- Over 3 years’ experience of successfully managing a team in a challenging environment
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Knowledge of ERP systems – JDE / TM1
- Strong knowledge of treasury reporting, ideally using CFIS
- Have profound knowledge of core accounting skills
- The passion for guiding and building teams successfully
- NZ citizenship / NZ Residency
If this advert takes your interest and you strongly believe that you have the relevant experience required, then please don’t hesitate in sending through an updated CV and making an application by clicking “apply now”. Thank you.
At Parker Bridge we make every effort to respond to all applications, however sometimes the volume we receive is so large it is not possible. If you do not receive a response from us, please don't take it personally as we really value the effort you made to apply